Dallas Elgin provided expert testimony last week for The Vermont House Committee on General, Housing, and Military Affairs Vermont Commission, in its consideration of a statewide paid family and medical leave bill. IMPAQ recently completed a series of studies on family and paid medical leave for the Department of Labor.
Our Survey Research team recently completed a set of semi-structured interviews with SAVE Program staff to develop an in-depth understanding of how the agency verifies the immigration status of applicants applying for federal, state and local benefits. SAVE is the Federal electronic-based system used to confirm the immigration status of individuals applying for public benefits such as Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), public housing subsidies, and driver’s licenses. In this independent evaluation, IMPAQ is helping the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) understand how the SAVE program is implemented by user agencies and the experience of benefit applicants.
Presentations & Publications
Senior Research Associate Michaela Gulemetova and Research Analyst Elnaz Safarha will participate in the group panel “Lisez-vous Français? Early Grade Reading in Francophone Africa: A multi-country comparison of assessment tools, data, and program design” on March 9 from 3:00-4:30 PM at the Comparative and International Education Society (CIES) Annual Conference. IMPAQ organized the session with AVSI Ivory Coast, Catholic Relief Services Mali, Catholic Relief Services Burkina Faso, and the US Department of Agriculture. Learn more on our events page.
Our Labor & Human Services researchers will be presenting at the Maryland Workforce Association’s Raising the Bar Conference, in Ellicott City next week. Learn more on our events page.
- Senior Research Associate Sonam Gupta will present “Serving Disconnected Young Adults: Lessons Learned from @LIKE Program” on Wednesday, March 15 at 9:45 AM.
- Managing Director and Principal Research Associate Eileen Poe-Yamagata will present “Essential Practices for Serving Workforce Center Customers with Disabilities” on Thursday, March 16 at 11:00 AM.
Next week, IMPAQ’s Education researchers will present at Association for Education Finance and Policy Conference, in Washington DC. Learn more on our events page.
- Yasuyo Abe will present “Enhancing the Role of Postsecondary Institutions in Creating Career Paths through Regional Partnership with Industry: Findings from the Outcome Evaluation of Design it-Build it-Ship it" on Friday, March 17, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM.
- Mikhail Pyatigorsky will present “Implications of Alternative Covariate Selection Procedures for Impact Estimates: Lessons from a Random Assignment Study” on Friday, March 17, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM.
- Stephanie Levin will present “An Evaluation of Reading Apprenticeship: Writing Connections, a Hybrid Professional Development Model of Reading Apprenticeship” on Saturday, March 18, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM.
Next week at the Society for Benefit-Cost Analysis Conference, Sonam Gupta and Mithuna Srinivasan will present “A Benefit-Cost Analysis of a Workforce Development Program for Disconnected Youth” on Friday, March 17, from 9:00 – 10:30 AM. Learn more on our events page.
- Andrés Romualdo’s presentation on an analysis of Sugar-Sweetened Beverage Purchases by Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Participants was accepted by the Southern Sociological Society’s 80th Annual Meeting, in Greenville, SC on April 1.
- Liz Gall will be presenting on the impact of Subjective Feelings of Health and Well-being on HIV Care & Treatment at the National LGBTQ Health Conference the end of April in Chicago.
Ring the Gong
IMPAQ will soon begin work on an exciting new project titled Quality Payment Program Small / Underserved / and Rural Support (QPP-SURS), a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services-funded project helping group practices transition to payments based on performance and patient outcomes rather than on volume of services. The project will provide technical assistance and support for health information technology implementation to small group practices in areas where access to health care is very limited.
Good News @IMPAQ
Wednesday, March 8th is International Women’s Day and Senior Research Associate Michaela Gulemetova is supporting Kiva.org’s effort to crowd fund $3 million in loans to women. IMPAQ’s Corporate Social Responsibility Committee will match all microloans, up to $1500. Visit impaqint.com/iwd to learn more or to support a woman in starting a business, going to school, or investing in her community.
IMPAQ will present and exhibit at the Comparative and International Education Society (CIES) Annual Meeting in Atlanta, GA from March 5-9.
IMPAQ will present and exhibit at the Maryland Workforce Association's Raising the Bar Conference in Ellicott City, MD from March 15-16.
IMPAQ will present and exhibit at the Association for Education Finance and Policy (AEFP) Conference in Washington, DC from March 16-18.
IMPAQ will sponsor the HIMSS National Capital Area Chapter event “The Future of MACRA – what to expect?” in Arlington, VA on March 16.
Sonam Gupta and Mithuna Srinivasan will present at the Society for Benefit-Cost Analysis Conference in Washington, DC on March 17.
IMPAQ will exhibit at the Southeastern Employment and Training Association (SETA) Spring Conference in Jacksonville, FL from March 19-22.
Dallas Elgin will present at the American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) Annual Conference in Atlanta, GA on March 21.
Jennifer Pooler will present at the Aging in America Annual Conference in Chicago, IL on March 21.
IMPAQ will exhibit at the Devex Global Development Career Forum in Washington, DC on March 24.
IMPAQ will present and exhibit at the National Association of Workforce Boards (NAWB) Forum in Washington, DC from March 25-28.