IMPAQ’s Communications Solutions meetings logistics team is currently managing two separate DC-based conferences for the Administration for Children and Families:
- The National Conference on Early Childhood Research, presented by the Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation in conjunction with the Office of Head Start, is the leading venue for research on the development, education, and care of young children and their families.
- The 20th National Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect, sponsored by the Children’s Bureau, focuses on policy and programs related to child and family well-being and protecting children from abuse and neglect.
Last week, IMPAQ held the second meeting of a technical expert panel, convened as part of the MIDS-QRS project, or Developing and Implementing Quality Rating System Measures for Qualified Health Plans. The team, led by Dan Andersen, will use the feedback to prioritize the measure concepts and make recommendations to CMS before proceeding to the measure development stage of the project.
The Strategic Innovative Engine (SIE) is seeking innovative ideas from across the health care system that will further CMS’ three-part aim of better care, healthier people/communities, and smarter spending. The SIE recently issued its first Call for Innovative Practices on five topics:
- Managing multiple chronic conditions
- Engaging patients and families as active members of the care team
- Coordinating care within and across settings
- Streamlining patient flow, and
- Integrating behavioral health into care
Organizations that have created or adapted a proven innovative practice in one or more of these topics are invited to apply at sie.qioprogram.org.
Publications & Presentations
Jean Paul Pétraud has been invited to present his paper, “Present bias, impatience and risk aversion in farmers’ demand for index insurance and savings: Experiments in West Africa,” at the 5th International Conference of the African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE). The conference will be held from September 23-26 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
In this week’s Peer Profile, we speak with Systems Architect John Clements about his current work in the Technology Solutions Division and how he chooses the right tools for each project.
Kris-Stella Trump presenting at the Annual Meeting of the International Society of Political Psychology, July 13-16, Warsaw, Poland.
IMPAQ will be a Gold Sponsor for the DC-AAPOR Conference Preview/Review, July 18, Washington, DC.
Alisu Schoua-Glusberg and Mousumi Sarkar to present at the 3MC International Conference, July 25-29, Chicago, IL. IMPAQ will also exhibit and sponsor.
IMPAQ Strategy will exhibit at the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) Annual Meeting & Expo, August 13-16, Salt Lake City, UT.
Minh Huynh to present at the 22nd Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Special Interest Group on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (SIGKDD) International Conference, August 13-17, San Francisco, CA.